Building High Performing Cultures
All we need is a flat surface like a parking lot and we are good to go. A racetrack is not necessary (we work rarely at tracks), but can be a nice add-on. Here are some things to consider:
- Can the race car drive or be pushed into the space you are considering?
- When possible we like to run the car, how is ventilation?
- Will there be a noise or a busy street nearby?
- How can the location be ‘out of the way’ from distractions.
Examples of types of spaces:
– Surface parking lot
– Parking garage/structure
– Underground parking structure
– Indoor shop (cement surface)
– yes, even a race track!
Simple flat asphalt surface.
Simple parking lot with small tent.
Parking Garage (covered)
Underground Parking Garage
Indoor (stationary) location
Even a racetrack
We bring a truck and trailer that hauls the race car and equipment. Need some space to park and unload near the delivery site, the closer the better.
We do not require electricity to run our program.
Time of year will affect the type of weather. This program has been delivered in every sort of environment you can imagine, but there are some things you should consider.
- You may wish to consider a tent for rain or even excessive sun.
- The activity can run under the tent entirely. 40 ft x 60 ft tent is needed.
- A smaller tent only should you like to have the instructional classroom near the car, and weather is not an issue.
We provide safety glasses, mechanic gloves, knee pads, and any other needed safety equipment. Participants should be instructed to dress comfortably for the weather with the understanding they will be doing something somewhat physical. Flat sole shoes (no heel), and no open toe is required. A simple running, tennis, athletic shoe is best.
For this 4 hour program, we spend about half of that debriefing and instructing on high performing cultures. This requires a classroom or debrief area, and closer to the race car is ideal. If indoor classroom is desired, then think about proximity to the race car location. We ask for a space with chairs and a flip chart. A couple of tables for equipment and refreshments are also a great idea.
Download the link below for a PDF checklist to help you with creating the perfect event.